Sunday 20 March 2011

TAG: My Beauty Story

Hi everyone!

I've seen this tag on a few blogs and thought it would be a nice post to do, so here goes!


1. How old were you when you first started wearing makeup?

I remember my very first make up product! I was about five and I had a Barbie lipbalm that smelled (and tasted!) like strawberries. It was bright pink and the lid was in the shape of Barbie's upper body. I used to love it until I took it to dancing class and lost it!

As for wearing make up properly, it was about Year Nine of school. It wasn't the full package, usually just eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss, and the effect didn't really last through the whole school day!

It's quite recently that I've gotten the make up bug and started a little obsession with it!

2. How did you get into makeup?

I've always loved doing makeovers on myself and messing around with make up, but when I discovered beauty blogs and the Youtube beauty community, I started learning what was really good for me, what suited me and what I really liked!

3. What are your favourite brands?

MAC definitely! Bourjois is second, followed by Benefit, and I also love Gosh's nail polishes and a lot of stuff from Rimmel.

4. What does makeup mean to you?
It means being creative, feeling confident and experimenting! I just love the wide range of colours, textures, shades, how make up can totally transform a person. I think make up can inspire you.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?

Foundation, blusher, mascara and lipgloss.

6. What is your favourite thing about makeup?

The different colours and textures and how everything does something different and can transform you!

7. What do you think of drugstore makeup vs high end?

I think you can get amazing products from drugstores. I hate the high end snobbery and although I love MAC the most, I don't for a minute think that cheaper brands are worse quality. Of course it always differs, but for example my Creme Cup lipstick from MAC totally melted once, and I know it's to do with the formula but I was still disappointed!

8. What is one tip of advice you would give to a beginner?

Just experiment, mess around until you find what you like and what suits you! Don't fall into the trap of buying things because magazines say they're the best: find what's best for you!

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?

When girls put foundation on their lips and nothing else! It looks awful.

10. What do you think of the beauty blogging community?

I love it! I'm an avid reader and now I'm proud to have my own little blog! You get great reviews and find great products!


Hope you enjoyed reading!
Love from Natalie x

1 comment:

  1. I hate foundation lips too- so awful!! I reckon they would be the 4 products I would picck too xxx

    ReplyDelete