Friday 25 March 2011

Tag: Letter To My 16-Year-Old Self

Hello everyone!

I've seen this post on a few blogs recently and I also have a lovely book where lots of celebrities have written letters to their younger selves. Although I'm still only 19 now, there are a few things I would like to share with my 16-year-old self, so here goes!


Dear Natalie,
The sixteenth year of your life is, to put it lightly, eventful! When you turn 16 you are stressing about exams, about the prom, about actually getting into college! Don't worry! Your exams are going to be fine, and stop stressing about Maths! Have a little faith in yourself.
The prom isn't all it's cracked up to be (it's best you don't eat the chicken, the staff kind of forget to cook it through!) but you still have a great time and it's lovely to see everybody dressed up!
Then comes summer, and the start of some amazing new friendships. It's also the end of a very important friendship, and even though you still talk, sadly it is never the same again and probably never will be.
You have a short lived romance which is lovely, until it ends badly. You get your heart broken, in a big way, and I wish I could tell you it gets better quickly, but it doesn't. It hurts for a very long time, but you do, eventually, put it to rest.
You get your first job and I know it's daunting at first, but believe me, one day those wails of, "I want to leave!" will be replaced with the thought that if and when you do leave, you'll miss it and everyone you work with so, so much.
Keep your chin up and just grow. You'll make mistakes, but you're just learning. You're a thoughtful, nice girl, and you deserve better than you think!
I love you and I miss you,
Natalie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment